Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Scale Collaborative is seeking a passionate and creative innovator to build increased awareness of a number of programs and initiatives, including the launch of a Vancouver Island impact investment fund. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to utilize your marketing and communications skills in a meaningful role that supports Vancouver Island’s social impact ecosystem.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will be responsible for the ongoing development and implementation of region-wide marketing initiatives. The focus of the work is community wealth building, social enterprise, social procurement, and social finance. This role will support the launch of a new impact investment fund for the region.
Position: Consideration given to full time or part-time, depending on the right fit for the organization and candidate
Location: Victoria-based, with a mix of remote and in-office work; Vancouver Island and Coastal Communities focused
Overall Job Description:
- Administer all company social media accounts ensuring up-to-date content.
- Manage, create and publish original, high quality content or create, direct, circulate and share content on a day to day basis.
- Stay up-to-date with new digital technologies and social media best practices
- Communicate with the followers on social networks, respond to their queries on a timely basis.
- Planning and executing all digital and traditional marketing strategies to achieve goals related to specific programs and initiatives
- Develop program-specific marketing materials, including but not limited to social media graphics, blog content, and media releases
- Create and publish high quality and SEO driven content for social media and blog
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization
- Identify target audience and grow our email list
- Design and implement direct email marketing campaigns
- Write newsletters and upgrade email templates as needed
- Collate, track and analyze data from social media and marketing campaigns in order to provide reporting and recommendations
- Prepare weekly and monthly analytics reporting on KPIs and provide recommendations
- Assist the Scale team with other project-related tasks and programming as required
- Social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube)
- Email marketing (Mailchimp, Buffer)
- Scheduling and Engagement (Buffer)
- Content creation (Canva)
- Photography and video editing an asset
- Analytical skills and understanding of SEO, Google Analytics, is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of content management systems (WordPress, Squarespace)
- Demonstrated communications and digital marketing experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Research & analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapidly changing priorities
- Knowledgeable of or interested in the intersection of community and economy and where they intersect, such as social enterprise, social procurement, and social finance
Scale is committed to building a team that brings diverse perspectives. Candidates from across Vancouver Island, and with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This is how we are building a diverse team:
- We recognize non-Canadian work experience as being just as valid as Canadian work experience
- We are eager to learn and integrate Indigenous perspectives into the work of building an inclusive economy
- We value life experience as much as educational background
- We believe in giving young people the opportunity to do impactful work that combines opportunity and responsibility
- We understand that people’s lives are dynamic and that 9-5 does not work for everyone; we consider flexibility in terms of place and hours
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Rob Fisher: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position has been filled.