Scale is seeking a Program Assistant to support the delivery of our programs. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to develop your professional administration and program management skills in a meaningful role that supports Vancouver Island’s social impact ecosystem.
The Program Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support to our programs, focused on the nonprofit sector, community economic development, social enterprise, social procurement and social finance. Find out more about our programs and initiatives here.
Position: Part-time (15-20 hours/week)
Compensation: $21.00/hr. to $24.00/hr.
Date: as soon as possible
Location: Victoria, BC
Overall Job Description/Duties:
- Working with the Program Coordinator, provide administrative support to Scale’s programs
- Support overall program delivery strategy and project management objectives
- Effectively manage multiple email accounts and calendars
- Support delivery of online program sessions and webinars using Zoom
- Create, manage and maintain a variety of electronic documents, including but not limited to Google Workspace documents, MS Office documents and PDF documents & forms
- Correspond effectively with program participants, stakeholders and partners
- Administer online program updates via WordPress and LearnDash learning management system
- Maintain electronic filing systems and shared drives, folders & files
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills to advocate for the work of Scale and its partners
- Assist the Scale team with other project-related tasks and programming as required.
- Google Workspace (Google Mail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides & Drive)
- Microsoft Office applications (MSWord, MS Excel & MS PowerPoint)
- Zoom video conferencing
- WordPress website content development
- Content creation including newsletter and graphic design (Mailchimp & Canva)
- Adobe Acrobat Pro (creation and management of PDF documents and forms).
- Administrative and program delivery experience an asset
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapidly changing priorities
- Desirable but not essential: Knowledgeable of or interested in community economic development, social enterprise, social procurement and social finance.
This position will be located at theDock, Centre for Social Impact co-working space in downtown Victoria, BC. Some tasks may be performed remotely. theDock currently has COVID-19 safety precautions in place in adherence with BC Government health guidelines. Read more here.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com before April 9, 2021. In your application you should clearly indicate the amount of experience (years) you have in administering and delivering programs as well as your proficiency using Google Workspace applications, MS Office applications and all features of the Zoom conferencing platform. All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.