Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Scale is seeking a passionate and creative innovator to build an effective social media strategy that will generate increased awareness of our programs and the broader work of the social impact sector on Vancouver Island. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to utilize your marketing and communications skills in a meaningful role that supports Vancouver Island’s social impact eco-system.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will be responsible for developing and implementing a region-wide social media strategy and for creating marketing campaigns and other materials to support Scale’s programs and projects, focused on community development, social enterprise, social procurement and social finance.
Position: Flexible in considering full time or part time, depending on right fit for organization and candidate
Term: Employment – initial six month employment contract with possibility for renewal
Location: Victoria based, Vancouver Island and Coastal Community focused
Overall Job Description:
- Working with the Scale team and key ecosystem partners, develop and implement a region wide social media strategy to engage the community and promote the impact of the sector
- Research and develop data-driven social media campaigns and content
- Manage, monitor and update multiple social media accounts and marketing channels, including post scheduling and promotion as required
- Develop program-specific marketing materials, including but not limited to social media copy, branding, graphics and web content
- Collate, track and analyze data from social media and marketing campaigns in order to provide reporting and recommendations
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills to advocate for the work of Scale and its partners
- Assist the Scale team with other project-related tasks and programming as required.
- Social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube etc.)
- Email marketing and engagement
- Content creation including graphic design (Canva), photography and video editing
- WordPress website content development, website SEO, analytics and Google Ads
- Other media engagement platforms, such as podcasts, blogs, Slack etc.
- Demonstrated communications, marketing and social media experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Research & online analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapidly changing priorities
- Knowledgeable of or interested in the intersection of community and economy and where they intersect, such as social enterprise, social procurement and social finance.
This position will remain open until filled with interviews conducted on a rolling basis. Please send your cover letter (including preferred hours) and resume to Rob Fisher.