Take the Survey
We are looking to hear from both non profit and small businesses. The survey is 10 minutes or less (we promise) and results will help develop approaches and resources to transition small businesses to non profit and community ownership:
Business Legacies Initiative is a research and innovation initiative exploring how to:
- address succession and transition challenges facing small business owners,
- support non-profits to explore business acquisition as a social enterprise strategy, and;
- ensure that essential goods, services and employment provided by local businesses remain in communities.
The goal of the Business Legacies initiative is to understand the challenges and opportunities for business to community business transition; develop processes, resources and training to assist; and identify initial pilots to support through the process.
Share Your Experience
Do you have experience of business or real estate transition to a non profit or community? Your experience will help increase the future success for others. Contact Emeline Leguen to arrange an interview.
We are all adapting to a shifting landscape but opportunities for transition and acquisition will continue to emerge
- Sign up for our newsletter and stay up to date
- Sign up for future training – Fall 2020
- Apply to be one of 3 pilots – Winter 2020
Access Partner Resources
Small Business BC
It is advised by the communities of: