We are excited to announce our partnership with Buy Social Canada! We are the regional partner for Buy Social on Vancouver Island. We recognize the value of connecting social enterprises through certification to grow this network! As a Buy Social regional partner, we will support the social enterprise supplier and purchaser certification process, convene local social procurement related events and engagements, be available to respond to local government policy changes, and support local social enterprises’ needs as they arise.
What is Buy Social canada?
Buy Social Canada brings socially driven purchasers and social enterprise suppliers together, building business relationships that generate social benefits to communities across the country. Buy Social recognized, Canada-wide social enterprise certification program that connects you to an emerging social impact network. Buy Social Canada works with community, private sector, and government to support the development of policy and resources to strengthen local and regional social procurement initiatives.
What is Social Procurement?
Put simply, social procurement creates a social value through existing purchasing. With social procurement, a social value consideration (for example a consideration for environmental sustainability, or for inclusive employment practices) is added to current evaluation of price and quality of the goods and services purchased.
why is it important?
Social procurement decisions lead to healthier communities, because as social enterprise suppliers sales grow, they are able to achieve increased social value goals; such as hiring more persons with barriers, creating training and employment development opportunities, advancing diverse culture, enhancing social inclusion, or contributing to local economies.
- Lead the social procurement movement
- Beat the forefront of social procurement initiatives in Canada
- Participate in public policy campaigns to advance social procurement across Canada
- Differentiate from pretenders
- Certification helps your business stand out in diverse and competitive marketplaces as a verified supplier
- Join a growing social impact network
- Connect with social enterprises that are leading in building healthy communities
- Engage in multi-sector dialogue on social procurement with diverse individuals and organizations across the country
- Expand business potential
- Connect and build relationships with social purchasers
- Be easily identified by social purchasers with your certified designation
- Increase marketing opportunities
- Be listed on Akcelos, a national, searchable online social enterprise directory and e-commerce platform for free
- Be promoted across our national network of social purchasers, social enterprises, and socially conscious individuals
- Receive Buy Social Canada branded materials to display on your storefront, office, and/or product
- Partner with us to co-host social enterprise and social procurement events and workshops in your local region
- Save money and access tools and resources
- Receive discounted consulting rates from our strategic partners and the Buy Social Canada team to support your social enterprise
- Access webinars, workshops, networking events, educational literature, and more for free or at a discounted rate
- Tell your story
- Participate in our case studies and showcase your social enterprise’s impact
Scale’s Role as a Regional Partner on Vancouver Island
Buy Social Canada certifies social enterprise suppliers and social purchasers. As a regional partner, Scale will help facilitate purchaser and supplier relationships and create learning opportunities to increase social enterprise business opportunities and grow their social impact.
We are very excited about this partnership and the growth of the sector on Vancouver Island!
To learn more about Buy Social Canada, visit their website.