Support to navigate the financial and operational implications towards a road to recovery post-COVID-19
Organizations and social enterprises face many decisions under the current conditions.
Decisions like how to operate today, both financially and operationally, how to offer your goods and services, how to engage with community. All these decisions effect how you begin to map out your recovery phase.
You may have to scale up to meet increased demand, shift to a new delivery model or services, stay the steady, or ‘hibernate’ during this time. Survive and Thrive helps your organization or enterprise navigate the day-to-day realities through these changing times and provides support to begin preparing for a recovery phase.
Survive and Thrive combines group coaching, individualized support, peer support, financial tools, scenario thinking tools, resources and information, timely webinars.
Survive and Thrive brings:
- Financial statement review – burn rate, cash flow and short/medium/long term financial implications – support to figure out best, base and worst case scenarios during your COVID19 fiscal
- Financial strategies and scenario thinking tools to understand how to best prepare for the unknowns of the future and the implications these unknowns have on your organization
- Identification of different operational options and strategies whether scaling, experimenting, at steady state or hibernating
- Development of a Survive and Thrive Strategy: development for your organization (what does it look like to survive, what does it look like to thrive?); critical considerations, identification of financial and resource gaps and next steps
- How-to guidance on preparing for recovery and re-engagement – including the opportunity to case study your organization’s particular challenge or opportunity
- How-to tools and resources on maintaining healthy teams and effective organizations through the unknown future
- Peer learning with other organizations facing similar situations
- Access to an online user group populated with resources and funding opportunities
Survive and Thrive – the details:
- Survive and Thrive is open to small and medium enterprises, non-profits, charities, social enterprises and co-ops. Support is available regardless of incorporation designation
- Regions served: Vancouver Island and the Lower Mainland
- Approximately 2 months of immediate support is provided
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis
- Time expectations over the 2 month program:
- 5 in-depth webinars
- Approximately 4 hours of homework
- Individual coaching and review on cash flow and scenario thinking as needed
- Opportunity to join up to 6 smaller peer to peer zoom meetings where you can present case studies and brainstorm solutions with the collective
Survive and Thrive – Learning webinars:
- Survive and Thrive – Welcome – what does it look like?
- Understand cash flow through your COVID19 fiscal
- Scenario Thinking – external situations beyond your control – how to prepare for the unknown
- Financial stabilization through your COVID19 fiscal and beyond
- Maintaining healthy teams and effective organizations through COVID19’s 2nd wave
Please note: Applications are closed for Cohorts 1 & 2. We are currently in discussions on Cohort 3. We will announce new starting dates as soon as we are able.
Thank you to United Way of Greater Victoria and Vancity for providing bursaries to support small and medium enterprises, including not-for-profits, charities, social enterprises, impact business & co-ops.